(This is Incomplete)
This article is an inside look into the procedures and design work I contributed towards in producing a SAAS product for the company Mysite Design*
The SAAS product is an established Stakeholder Engagement System aiming to help record interactions and data between companies or government agencies and their respected stakeholders and clients.
I redesigned its core system into a unique product tailored towards the companies and client's goals that manage significant amounts of data and interactions across a diverse range of users.
The process was broken down into the following areas:
Started by analyzing current client usage through previously set up Google Analytics and Team Azure. Then divided up parts of the system to prioritize workload.
Before user interviews, we as a team helped create persona types to help categorize different user journeys and flows. From there I interviewed two of each persona and find out their current pain points and user journey of the system whilst building on the concept to help demonstrate possible solutions for the clients and increase workflow.
Based on the analytics and ideas of the CEO, I made a basic concept of the Main 'Workspace' section of the system to use amongst our user interviews.
A detailed UI kit has been compiled to save development resources describing the UI elements, their status, and behavior in different conditions and situations. During the development process, the UI Kit has become a complete design system.
From both the User interviews client feedback and Analytics, it clearly showed our initial feelings of priorities were a little off and that the new highest priority to work on was the current Search functionality as it was both the main user page and highest pain point.
I was working in the Development team for 1 year before working exclusively on the UI UX. I have been instrumental in speeding up the development cycle for the new UI Upgrade and Mobile application (such as Fuzzy / Predictive Search, Workspace management functionality).
Getting the raw information of how clients used the product from the current implementation of analytics proved difficult as it hadn't been made a priority nor much time spent in having it set up.
I gathered what information I could from the following two systems that were implemented.
The current Churn Zero had not been specifically set up for Dev but more the Product cliental interactions, so no advanced analytics. From the limited current data the most important takeaway was:
The search page was the most frequently visited.
To obtain the user flows, I first looked at google analytics to see what data I could obtain. I could easily see the search functionality was the most used page/component.
Secondly, I was working out how people were searching. The top search scenarios and finding out what priorities they were in for the cliental.
Unfortunately, there was no data on the current workspace or how user's used the core functionality of the system. So we needed to rely on the following User Interviews
Considering the complexity of the product, the first step we started with was, creating User Personas. The CS and Design team had a meeting and planned out segmented personality profiles for each key customer group. Creating the Personas helped clarify and Group the Cliental Users into manageable segments to empathize with their problems. We spread out the types of people we interview to avoid design bias and find what was needed from each group. More importantly, prioritize what was needed most.
Interviews were conducted with pre-planned questions alongside interpreted questions amongst the
A big part of our process was to have user interviews and find pain points the users were currently having with the main workflow of the system. I decided to map them out for each persona, to see exactly what they were doing and something to reference after implementing a new user flow.
Current user journey:
New User Journey:
Metrics will be helping us with making more informed decisions on Workspace Priorities. The following requested metrics were sent to the development team to implement.
The fuzzy search prototype was to replace the everyday use of the current and only search in the system, which is the advance search.
This Article was getting to big, so I decided to break out the prototypes into different articles.
Please make sure to to check out:
As I have been working as a developer for 1 year in development one year prior. Building the prototype for the needs of the Dev Team with CM